Monday, November 17, 2008

It snowed this afternoon. For the first time, some of the snow stayed on the ground. At least for a little while. The roads are slippery. I think Chelsea is forcing herself to be "good" so that she can roll around in it.

I made the Mexican Chicken Casserole that we all like so well and took it over to the Center so Dick and I could eat supper together. That was nice.

This morning started with Bible Study. There were 8 of us there. We had a lively discussion on who are the "least of my brethren". We are supposed to pay attention to that. I would imagine that those of us who have so much will be more accountable. We also had quite a discussion on what is "enough". It makes no sense to be paying CEOs, Star Athletes and/or some other celebrities the amounts they are paid. I feel this especially about the CEO's who are frankly robbing from the bottom line of the profits. Their answer when a company is having trouble is to lay off workers. Heck, they could "lay off" one of themselves. I wonder how they will be able to face God.

Everyone is praying for Dick anyway. We need all of that.

I had a nice visit with Mother, then stopped at Walmart on the way home to renew my cell phone, pick up wrapping paper and bows AND buy a new purse. My strap broke. I am one of those people who just find a purse and stick with it. I do not change for an outfit or for the season. Fortunately I found one almost the exact same style as the one I had and it was only $10. Isn't that great.

The Plymouth Writer's Club met at 1:00PM. There were 8 of us there, including my new friend Peggy. She writes from the heart and very well. We had a nice meeting. Fortunately, I had a couple of things done. I don't have to read anything but feel like I failed a class or something when I don't.

The rest of the evening was for me and Dick. I brought Chelsea over to see him when I had to go home to pick up his shorts. He looked good today but I thought his voice sounded weak. I should be able to spend a good chunk of tomorrow with him and can watch him do his therapy. That gives me an idea too.

He sees Dr. Sharon, his primary physician on Wednesday.

A friend sent me a video of a portion of Ellen Degenerus's show. She was talking to an 88 year old lady from Austin Texas, who is a real hoot. Her name is Gladys Hardy and she said, "Listen Honey, I love Jesus but I drink a little."


Sounds like a good philosophy to me.

Have a good Tuesday.

Think of me.

Mary

No comments: