Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not a great day. I have a toothache.

Chelsea woke me up at about 5AM. I did my usual, let her out, gave her a treat and then went back to bed. However, I couldn't sleep because my tooth was achy and I was thinking too much.

After breakfast and shower, I got to the Center at 8:45AM so that we could be ready for Tim from the Custom Transport to pick us up for Dick's appointment with Dr. Sharon. He found no major problems with Dick's general health. A bit of tweaking on the meds and he wants him weighed twice a week as there has been a big weight loss and I am sure he wants to monitor. The loss will be useful when he stands on the prosthesis but too much is not a good thing either.

We got back at about 10AM and I called the dentist back. (I had left a message before I left home but nobody had called.) I think I had mentioned that I was supposed to go in next Monday to have a cap replaced on an old root canal. But this pain is getting worse. Dr. Tim was very kind. He says there is no infection (which I was worried about.) He said that the blackness of the enamel, which I had noticed is just from the old silver filling. The pain is from thin enamel and gum tenderness around the tooth that is NEXT to the one that feels like it is hurting. I now have a tube of MI Paste Plus which is supposed to recoat and replace that enamel. He said it may take a week but that I need to apply it every night and during the day, if I can. No water for about an hour after application. The night one is the most important.

I went back to the Center after the dentist appointment and took a nap. It was very beneficial, but I am still tired.

I brought the rest of that Mexican Chicken that we had on Monday night for our supper. I have JUST enough left for a lunch. I had made a half casserole.

So that was our day. Tomorrow we go to see Dr. Fehrman. I am sure he will be pleased with the say Dick's leg is healing. Wish we could say the same for the right one.

One of twelve rules to live by that a friend sent to me.

"Make the most of your circumstances. Noone has everything and everyone has something of sorrow intermingled with gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears."

Sometimes it is quite a trick but we can do it.

Love

Mary

No comments: