Saturday, November 22, 2008

It was a quiet day for me. My tooth hurt so badly that I knew better than to go out into the woods. Especially with temperatures starting out at only 10 degrees. So I called Shane and let them know that I couldn't come. Am I ever glad that I didn't. The pain was really bad most of the morning. I called Dr. Tim at 8:30 and he ordered some antibiotics for me. After I took them and two Ibuprofen the pain finally subsided enough that I was able to lie down and actually sleep for a couple of hours.
He also ordered a prescription of Tylenol with codeine which I can take when I go to bed tonight. The pain was pretty mild most of the afternoon but is coming back again. I am hoping that a good night's sleep and some more penicillin will knock it out of me.

I made the Christmas fudge today. I can store it in a cool dry place. I still have to make buckeyes before sending the packages out of state. I like to get them out that first week in December so must get moving.

Jim and Michelle picked up my Share order for me this morning so I wouldn't have to go out any more than necessary. Bobbie came by this afternoon after stopping in to see her Dad. She brought him a nice lavender scented potpourri for his room. Sometimes things get a bit heavy in that place. I had told her I was about out of soap too and she brought a few bars for me. I love her soaps. They keep me from turning into a snake. And they smell SO good.

I went to church at 4PM then stopped off to see Dick and wheel him down to the dining room for his supper. I came right home then and am settling down for a long night's sleep. As soon as I can take my next antibiotic I will take a pain pill and hunker down.

Jeff called from Mother's. They had a pretty good day. Jeff did not see anything, but Shane saw eight. He got a shot off at one of them, the only one close enough, but missed. However, he chased it over past Cory and Cory got it. Randy also got a nice doe. I will be picking up some liver on Monday. Bobbie and I will have to plan an evening for a liver dinner. Shane is talking like he would like to try it so maybe we will invite him too. The guys are planning on going hunting again on Thanksgiving Day and if my ear is healed I will go out then, just for those few hours. Jim said that this might be dangerous, the last time I did that, I ended up in the emergency room.

Have a nice Sunday. I am going to rest again except for going over to the Center at about noon and having lunch with Dick.

Mary

No comments: