Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It was very cold this morning. The snow was mainly gone, so Chelsea was not as happy rolling in the grass and when I took her for her walk, her poor little paws started to hurt from the cold. There were slippery spots too, so we did not go far.

I put a loaf of bread in the bread machine before I left for the Center. I also made SURE that I did not have to go to court about my accident/ticket. I am scheduled for December 3 at 10:AM. The nurse changed the dressing on the wound on Dick's right foot while I was there this morning so I got to see it. I can't tell if there is any improvement but it looks no worse. I went down for part of his physical therapy. Lori had him transfer from the chair to the mat not using the board. It worked but we need to have him use less foot and more upper body.

I left at 11:30 because I had to pick up some things at Walgreens and eat lunch. Mom's prescription was ready and they had a few bargains too. Now I have to figure out the best time to swing over to Sheboygan Falls and give Mom the pills.

I ate some of my leftover chicken and veggies for lunch. I also had a slice of bread fresh from the bread machine.

When I got back to the Center, I was exhausted so I took a nap. At 3:30PM I drove over to Lee and Janice Lemkuil's home. Lee is a recent double amputee and they are members of an Amputee Support Group. Janice had invited me over to see the things that they have done to make their home "Lee" safe and friendly. I got some very good ideas. Some of the things that they have done won't work but others will be very helpful. I am also going to go to the Support Group meetings. Lee offered to come and talk to Dick. Dick said Maybe after the appointment on December 2.
I think it would be helpful to him but only if he is receptive.

I zipped home and fed and took care of Chelsea then went back again to the Center to have supper with Dick. They were serving Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast ( Shit on a Shingle). Dick and I both like it and wanted to see if it tasted as good as we remembered as we have not had it in years. It Did!!

Now I am home, it is almost 9PM and Chelsea is pestering me to take her out again and then go to bed.

I think I will.

Take care

Mary

P. S. The big St. John Raffle is over. I did not get a big call and haven't heard from any of you so I guess we are out of luck on that one.

Love

Mary

No comments: