Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here we are on a COLD Thursday in November. One week from today is Thanksgiving. Where is the year going?

I drove back and forth from the Center several times. I had to do a load of shorts for Dick and fix my lunch and my supper and walk the dog.

A good thing happened today. We went to the Plymouth Clinic to see Dr. Fehrman, the orthopedic surgeon. He looked at the stump and proclaimed that Dick does not have to come back any more unless something happens to the other leg. He is aware of the problems and is hoping along with us that the hyperbaric procedures or the stem cell salve do some healing. When and if they do, we will need to be constantly on alert for any slight wounds and keep him healthy. It is a scary situation. His diabetes along with the edema and poor circulation is awful. But after all this time and work we cannot give up now.

Another special thing happened today. Tim, the owner and operator of Custom Care and Transport, told me that if it would work, he would come and pick Dick up from the Center on Thanksgiving and bring him home and back. He would do this pro gratis. There are beautiful people in this world. I discussed it with Dick and he says no. The main problem is not getting him into the house, but being able to use the facilities. We are not that far along with his therapy as yet. I will call Tim and thank him. He will then be able to spend the whole day with his family.

Tomorrow I will have news of the next step in prosthesis fitting. Tim from the Wisconsin Prosthesis will be there to, we believe, do a first cast for the first temporary prosthesis. This is exciting.

Saturday is opening day for Deer Hunting. It is going to be cold cold cold. But not wet. So I will have to really bundle up. Perhaps this will be my year.

When I was living in California, we would go out to Chiriaca Summit every year for Thanksgiving with a lot of other people in our Jeep club. I always fixed our turkey dinner on the Sunday before the holiday. Then I would pack portions of EVERYTHING for our little family to eat on Thanksgiving day out on the desert. The Jeep club celebrated on Saturday with the pig roast that I have mentioned before. I am going to have to test the scanner that is a part of our new printer and send you a picture of the pig on the spit and the camp. It was a fun time of life.

Bottle of wine, Fruit of the vine.
When you going to let me get sober
Leave me alone
Let me go home
Let me go back and start over.

We sang around the campfire at night. This was one of the songs. However, we were drinking Apricot Brandy and I liked it straight up with a cup of hot coffee on the side. Sweet and bitter. Great taste sensation.

Love

Mary

No comments: