Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a satisfying day. I slept until after six. Got a lot of "business" done on the computer, (bills and all) and a couple of emails. My desk actually has a top again anyway.

I went to the bank this morning to FINALLY get my stash money transferred and to get a bit of cash as I was almost broke, then went to the Care Center to visit the man. Oh My Gosh. He Was Not In His Room! All was OK. He was down in therapy. We did not expect therapy on Saturday but because he missed a day of OT, they had to make it up to meet Medicare guidelines. So I found him. I did my therapy while he was doing his. This works well as I am usually too tired if I wait for night.

I came home at about 11 and did some cleaning and more computer work. Then at 1:30 I went over to Jan, a neighbor's home, for that Tastefully Simple Party. That was really fun. We got to taste lots of dips and sauces and breads and cakes and spreads. Naturally, I bought some. There were just five of us including the demonstrator so it was very intimate and we could really ask questions and discuss.

Next I went to Mass with a quick stop at the Center to give Dick a kiss. Fr. Van Beeck gives a good sermon and does a nice service always. I stopped after Mass to ask my friend Ceil about Marlene's, Warren who had back surgery. (Please pray for a quick recovery.) Ceil had not heard anything. I saw Kate and a few other people who are all praying hard for Dick. It was good that I could update them with good news, such as the stitches being out. Kate is worried about Ron. Keep praying for him.

I got home and called Dick to find that Richard, Brenda, Bobbie and Bill were all there with him, the lucky guy. Richard and Brenda came here to put the spinach,noodle, egg casserole in the over. When it was warm, we went back to the center and commandeered the "Nook" for our dinner. The casserole was unbelievably perfect and Bobbie had baked a spectacular chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. So we are well fed and had such a nice visit. We left Dick a very tired guy. I hope, with all the activity that he gets a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow I will be able to breakfast and visit with Richard and Brenda, then spend quiet time with Dick during the day.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

Piss on it and walk away.

Mary

No comments: