Sunday, October 19, 2008

This would have been a day where I said. "I got to stay home ALL day." No appointments, no meetings.

Richard and Brenda spent last night so we had breakfast together. I sure liked having someone in the house with me and Chelsea. I fixed bacon and cheese biscuits for breakfast. It was nice to have someone to eat with too. Chelsea was pleased also.

We went over to see Dick at about 10AM. Richard and Brenda just went to say goodbye, then headed back to Madison. That Richard sure makes a great Kunert Spinach, Noodle, Egg Casserole.

Dick was rather uncomfortable most of the morning but we managed to solve most of the problems by noon so he and I "drove" the wheelchair down to the dining room and I joined him and Ed, a table companion for dinner. I had to back down the first hallway because one of the front wheels on his wheelchair is not behaving. A man is going to fix it tomorrow, I HOPE! Managed to go down the second hallway and return going front ways. One of the housekeeping staff came out of a room while I was backing him down and started to laugh. "I don't want to know!" she said.

I had the pork chop dinner and Dick had chicken. They had coconut cream pie for dessert. All pretty good.

Just before the big Packer Game, Ross, the activities director brought in some popcorn. Then the game. And what a game. The Packers just whupped the Colts. We were delighted. The Jets lost. I was not too happy with that as I had picked them on my pool. I am not really performing too well on that this year. Oh Well. We are not even half way through the season yet.

I talked to Bret this afternoon and Barbara this evening. All seems well on those fronts. Talked to Jeff too. His friend who likes to hunt has already gotten his deer in the TZone so I will have a new supply of venison. I asked Jeff if we could get the burger in 1lb packages instead of 2lb packages.

I am going to make a good venison/beer stew this week.

Tomorrow is MY day. Bible study and Writers Club. I am looking forward to that. A lady I met at the Care Center is joining me for lunch at the Exchange Bank and then at the Writers Club. She writes poetry and is looking for things to do for herself. This should be a good outlet for her.

Take care and enjoy your week.

Love

Mary.

A new Maxine

"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools."

No comments: