Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A six AM wakeup. Chelsea got a LONG walk, but not until almost 8AM. It was 35 degrees and just plain too dark at 6. So we did a short walk, then I got trash out and fed Boots. He is always glad to see me. I feel bad that I don't have time to stay with him but he is kept fed and watered and his litter box is cleaned twice a day too.

I stopped at the bank and Walgreens. One of Mother's prescriptions was ready. Now I have to find time to get that to her, It is the one she takes once a week, so there is a bit of leeway.

Dick was glad to see me when I got there. He had his occupational therapy really early but the physical therapy was put off until afternoon because the therapy department was having an open house.

So I went down with him and did my exercises while he did his. He did everything but stand up and that was not a bad thing because he does a lot and it was late in the day.

The rest of the day was quiet, but I found out that they had not dressed his wound yesterday and am not a happy camper. The nurse PROMISED to get it done tonight and I will talk to the head nurse tomorrow. That leg is of primary importance. If they don't have time, I will do it.

I am going to end with a recipe that I HAVE to try. I haven't yet so if you do, let me know if it works.

Love

Mary

3-MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
>
> 1 Coffee Mug
> 4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
> 4 tablespoons sugar
> 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
> 1 egg
> 3 tablespoons milk
> 3 tablespoons oil
> 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
> Small splash of vanilla
>
> Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well .
> Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
> Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
> Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
> Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
> The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
> Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
>
> “And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
> Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at
> any time of the day or night!”

No comments: