Friday, October 24, 2008

Not a dull day today. Started off with Dick's doctor appointment at 8:45AM. This is after walking and feeding the dog, feeding Boots folding clothes and showering.

Dr. Sharon checked him over and is pleased with his general health. Dick told him that he is starting to cough up lots of phlegm now that the breathing treatments are done, SO he ordered another round of that. Perhaps we can get everything icky out of those lungs, especially now that he is moving a bit more.

At about 11 I came home and fixed a half a sandwich to eat with Dick when he had his dinner. Then I took off for Kohler for the Food and Wind event that Kohler was hosting at the American Club. Bobbie had emailed earlier this week to ask me if I wanted to go with her. I did and am glad that I did. We got to taste lots of great cheeses, I bought two, a blue and a "Menage" which is a blend of sheep, cow and goat milk. They are both a bit different and really good. I also found a raspberry/honey dipping mustard witch is excellent. Not done yet. Bobbie and I found Cholives - chocolate "olives" made of dark chocolate with a soft center that were designed for chocolate martinis. The are delicious and fun.

We tasted wines from several Wisconsin and one Missouri wineries. We each bought three bottles for our "stock". Altogether a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

When I got home, I mixed up and baked a batch of Brown Bread because I had some sour milk that had to be used up. I fed Chelsea and gave her her medicine. Got over to the Care Center at about 4 so I could take Dick a cholive before heading for Nancy's house and Rhine to finish shooting the last of our league targets.

Jim and Michelle came in just before 5 safe from their vacation and with presents. They gave me a bottle of Riesling Wine and what a bottle. The bottle is a black cat and adorable. Also a book of suduku AND crossword puzzles and a book to read. We are glad they are safe home and I am glad that they are taking care of Boots again.

This is where things kind of fell apart. I left at 5 to go pick up Nancy. As I crossed the intersection of Clifford and South, I must have had a blind spot and pulled right into another car. I did not see him and pulled out from a stop sign. He had the right of way. Was he ever mad. He swore at me but there was nothing I could do at that point. The police came very quickly. The policeman who talked to me was VERY nice. He said it must have been the look/look/drive thing but and that he was sorry but he had to give me a ticket for not yielding right of way. I told him that I understood and thanked him for his help. He gave me the very minimum fine and kind of suggested that I could go to the court date to possibly get the points reduced. I will.

The car is drivable. The lights are working and the damage is to the fenders and bumper as near as I can see. Haven't been able to reach the insurance company as yet.

Anyway, I called Nancy and told her then drove home after everything was written up and all. I almost immediately got a call from Doc at Rhine. Nancy went to finish her targets and told him what happened and he wanted to tell me to come and finish too. I stopped at the Center so Dick could see that I was alright, then DID go out to finish league. Janet and Rick Bieschke were there too so I visited with them for a while after I shot. My first two were not good, but the last was REALLY good. I just needed to settle down. Janet is really a good person to have around when things are icky. She if very comforting.

Would you believe that on the way back to Plymouth from Rhine I came THIS close to hitting a deer? Neither could I but I did. Once is slowed up enough to miss it I just started laughing. A miss is as good as a mile.

So I am home now. Thank God and intend to just wind down and go to bed as soon as possible.

I sure was disgusted. My driving record has been pristine since I got a ticket at least 15 years ago. Now I have to start all over again.

Love

Mary

No comments: