Friday, October 17, 2008

Today was a beautiful fall day. Chelsea and I took a walk but tomorrow will be the day that we really set up our Fall and Winter Schedule. I will take her out at about 6 to just relieve herself, then at about 7 or 7:30 we will take a nice long walk. It is just not a good thing to be walking when it is dark.

I stayed home until about 9:30 waiting for the Culligan Man. He got here at shortly after 9. They were supposed to come yesterday but missed my "windows"

I got to the Care Center in time to watch Dick do some of his therapy but had to leave before he stood up again. I made a mac and cheese casserole for our lunch today. The center had its famous - liver and onions one day followed by cod the next day - As the noon dinner offered is always the day's menu or the previous day's entree you KNOW that Dick would have ended up with a sandwich. The casserole was REALLY good. He ate a nice serving. I had enough to take some to Mother and leave a bit for a meal or maybe two for me.

During this day, I also found 4" Ace bandages for Dick's wraps, picked up Chelsea's meds, exchanged a shirt for Dick, dropped off the old printer at the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center,and got the casserole and some Vitamins to Mom. So there was not any sitting around.

I ate my leftovers from lunch yesterday with Dick and the "guys" in the dining room tonight. Then came home for the evening.

I am feeding Boots until next Thursday. Poor guy will be lonely. I have usually tried to spend a bit of time with him but I am way too tired these days. Well he will at least see me and get fed, watered and his litter box cleaned twice a day.

This morning when I was walking Chelsea, Jan, our neighbor one building down stopped to ask how everything was going. I updated her on Dick. She has had knee surgery so they have been kind of kindred patients for a while. She is doing much better but had not heard about his amputation. She is giving a Tastefully Simple Party tomorrow at 1:30 and asked if I would like to come for a break. Sounds good to me. I need breaks like that that just take a bit of time and involve other people and things. These parties are fun anyway.

So that was my day. Dick and Brenda will be here late tomorrow afternoon. That will be nice. We will all have supper with Dick over there. I am going to try to get a table or two in the NOOK which is a little more intimate than the board room or whatever they call it that we used before.

I am looking forward to a pleasant though cool weekend. It is not supposed to be rainy for a few days. Sunshine would be nice.

Love

Mary

No comments: