Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chelsea tried to wake me up at 3:30AM. I was not happy. I gave her some lettuce and shut her out of the bedroom. THEN, at about 5AM, I could hear her pacing and fussing in the hallway so I got up again, took her out to relieve her little self, fed her and went BACK TO BED. Finally at about 6AM, I gave up. She must be terribly confused and lonely. At about 6:30 the phone rang. It was my sweetheart. They couldn't find any shorts for him to put on. I was sure there were some (and there were) but took another pair and let Chelsea come too so she could see that he is OK and perhaps not feel so neglected.

After breakfast, I went back over to the center, after stopping at Fleet to see if I could find more shorts. No luck but I did find another shirt for him.

He spent about 1 1/2 hours in therapy today, including standing up twice again. This time he managed 20 seconds the first time and it was obviously much easier for him to get on that leg than yesterday.

I had a haircut this afternoon. Then fixed tuna sandwiches and bowls of apple salad for supper for both of us. He was not thrilled with the choices at the center tonight. Could have survived, but I like to bring him food too.

When we got back to his room, he slept until it was almost time for me to come home.

Tomorrow will REALLY be busy. He has two doctor appointments in the morning then will have therapy in the afternoon. Ha! He thought he was tired tonight. I just hope that all this activity will help him to sleep better.

Here is a wonderful little piece of advice from a little booklet called Busy Woman - finding time in your hectic life. by Marilyn Gustin

"Sing

Don't sing for anyone else, except maybe for God. Sing for yourself. Sing for the delight in it. Hum your way from parking place to work. Hum on your coffee break or even as you work. Let yourself enjoy this expression of your soul."

Mary

No comments: