Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Packers won and all is well with the world.

At least it puts a good spin on things.

I slept until 6AM this morning. Chelsea tried earlier, but I shut her out. I took her out for a quick walk then as it was still dark. Then I showered and had breakfast before she and I did a longer walk when the sun was out. It was still a bit chilly then, but warmed up to 80 degrees today.

I went over to the Care Center at about 9AM. Dick had a better night but was sleepy most of the day. We both took a little nap this morning. Then Jacki changed the bandage on his wound. They put him back in bed. They hooked him up to the breathing treatment and they changed the wrappings on the stump.

This was all before noon. I left shortly before noon to walk Chelsea, eat lunch and do a few things around her, notably wash. Dick needs more ace bandages there as they rewrap every day.

I went back about 2:30 so that we could watch the game together. Jim and Michelle came over too and watched with us until about 4:30. That was almost the half and they and I left. They had to fix supper and get ready for work tomorrow. I had to take care of Chelsea and pick up my soup and sandwich to be eating with Dick. We went down to the dining room for supper. We did not stay long. It was a bit distressing today. A new resident joined Dick's table. He was very confused. He kept telling them that there was a mistake. He was supposed to be at a restaurant with his wife and not here. He tried to get up and walk out at one point. He was not violent, just determined. It rather upset Dick, so we went back to the room quickly. I saw him later and he seemed calmed down some.

Anyway, we were pleased to watch the Packers beat Seattle. I didn't do too well on my other picks for the football league, but I will keep on plugging along.

Altogether, it was a really good day. Dick felt better and therefore, so did I.

It is 8PM now and Chelsea is really pushing me to get ready for bed. We never go until 9, but she knows that when she gets me in there, I don't leave.

Until tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: