Sunday, October 05, 2008

Another day gone by.

Boy was last night weird. I stayed with Dick, you know. Not much sleep involved. With him waking up and being somewhat confused OR needing the nurses to go to the bathroom, not much chance of that. But we made it through til 5:30 when I headed for home to take care of Chelsea.

She and I went for a walk, I fed her and took a shower. Then I crawled into bed and slept until 9:30AM when I got up and did a few things before going to Mass at 10:45. After Mass, I came home, got some lunch ready and took it over to the Care Center so I could have lunch with Dick. We went into the dining room. Good thing. only one of his tablemates was there and it would have been lonely for Ed.

Jim and Michelle came just as we were finishing so we all went back to the room. We watched the Packers lose. Not a pretty sight. It was not a good weekend for Wisconsin. The Brewers AND the Badgers lost too.

Then Jim and Michelle went home to fix dinner which they brought back to the Care Center so we could all eat supper together. Michelle fixed her delicious Mexican Lasagna and corn. Sure was good.

Now we have another day of healing under our belts. Tomorrow will be a busy day for Dick as he will start therapy, both occupational AND Physical. I am going to bible study and over to visit Mother in the morning but will be back in time to have lunch again with Dick.

I talked to Jacquie, my ex sister in law, tonight. Found out that George is in the hospital. He has developed diabetes and had a count of 600. WOW. Please pray for him.

I have been thinking, a dangerous thing I know. Some people I know seem to avoid doing things, trying things, seeing things and enjoying being with each other. How sad it is to go through life not being a part of it. I guess the fear of being hurt outweighs the joy of being in the midst of all the wonderful things of this life. I wouldn't trace any of the rough times that Dick and I have been going through, despite the fear and concern, for one MINUTE of the wonders we have lived together.

Remember, the dance is worth the pain. God is good.

Love

Mary

No comments: