Friday, October 10, 2008

Well, I had to shut the girl out but I got to sleep until 6AM anyway. I am trying to remember what happens to daylight when the time change goes into effect. All I know is that it is a BIG adjustment for Chelsea. Pretty soon, I will just let her out to do her business and we will take a walk later in the morning.

Got over to see Dick at about 9AM. He had a rather rough night and had already had a busy morning. Everybody is wanting "a piece of him." The Therapy people want chunks of time to do their magic and the nurses need to be changing bandages, getting him into bed for naps and change of position and various treatments and everything seems to clash. Oh Well, it has only been a week. Every day DOES get a bit easier. Today we had to add his doctor appointment with Dr. Sharon into the mix.

That went quite well. We also had an appointment with Deb of the Anti-coagulation department. Earlier this week, his count was 5.8. As it is supposed to be between 2 and 3, I was a bit alarmed. With the adjustment made at that reading, today it was at 2.4. Perfect again.

Dr. Sharon was very reassuring. He checked all the reports and listened to our concerns. He ordered a couple of tests, notably a blood test to be sure that the kidneys are back to normal and a test of his sputum to be sure there is no infection. This is because of all the coughing he is doing.

We got back in time for his lunch. I came home to take care of Chelsea, take a nap and cook a chicken/rice casserole for my supper. I had decided to eat with Dick but bring my own meal tonight. I took a nap too and I slept really deeply. Not long enough, but really deep. Before going back, Chelsea and I took a drive over to the city hall to take in our absentee ballot request forms. I found out that Dick will be able to vote at the Care Center on October 24. The clerk is coming over there to help the residents vote. I will get mine in the mail.

Dick and I ate supper in his room. He had little appetite but did eat his chips and half of a sub sandwich for his supper. I left at about 6:30 for Rhine. I wanted to shoot some of my pistol league targets. Nancy had gone out earlier. She and I will plan on going some afternoon to get a bit caught up, otherwise we will not finish before the deadline. It was good to spend a bit of time with the "guys" out there. They are all so supportive. My first two targets were pretty bad, but the last one, I took a DEEP breath and it was not bad at all.

Now I am home again, obviously and shutting down. Tomorrow, I am taking most of the day off. I am going to a Legion of Mary Brunch and a Sheboygan County Writers Club event at Mead. It will be good to be doing something outside of a hospital or care center for a whole day. I figure that I will be back in Plymouth in time to go to the 4PM mass and then have supper with Dick and spend the evening with him.

Love

Mary

WARNING:
The consumption of White Wine may make you think you are whispering
when you are not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:
The consumption of White Wine may cause you to tell your friends over
and over again that you love them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:
The consumption of White Wine may cause you to think you can sing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:
The consumption of White Wine may lead you to believe that ex-lovers
are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:
The consumption of White Wine may make you think you can logically
converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING:
The consumption of White Wine may create the illusion that you are
tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOW JUST IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD ACHIEVE WITH
RED WINE!!!

No comments: