Monday, October 06, 2008

A full day. Chelsea tried to wake me up at 5AM but I staggered out to the kitchen, gave her some lettuce and staggered back to bed, closing the door, so I could get another hour. We had a lovely walk anyway despite the fact that it is dark at 6AM nowadays.

I got a few things done, then went over to wish Dick a nice morning before heading to Sheboygan Falls for Bible Study and to see Mother.

Bible study was fun. We have a new member, a man called John. That sounds very holy doesn't it. He IS very nice and has a lot to offer us. The readings were good and it will be interesting to see what the priests have to say on Sunday. The Gospel was about the wedding feast where the invited guests did not come and then some of the people who did end up coming were ejected because they did not have a wedding garment. Helen had a notation in her bible that explained that, in that time, wedding garments were provided by the host family, so there was no excuse not to be wearing one. And this applies to us also, when we get to heaven we will, if we believe and do what we are supposed to, have our proper garment.

I also stopped to give my sympathy to some friends of mine who lost a son late last week. Veronica went to Ireland with me on my second trip and one of her other sons went with Bart on his Confirmation retreat. She and her husband are a loving and wonderful couple. This is the second son that they lost and as Mother says, it just isn't right that the children go before the parents. But God must have something in mind. I guess He needs them more than we do, though it is difficult to understand.

Mother needed some banking done so we filled out all the slips and I took them with me. We will meet on Saturday Morning for the Legion of Mary Mass and Brunch and that is soon enough to bring her receipts and cash.

I stopped at home then to pick up lunch and walk Chelsea. When I got to the Care Center I found that Dick had fallen kind of out of the chair. Apparently he tried to shift his weight and the chair toppled over. He landed safely. No head, no bumps on the stump and no bruises, but he was pretty shook up and so were the nurses. Their procedure is to check him every hour for about 6 hours, then every three hours and then once a day for three days so if ANYTHING is wrong it will show up by then. He also has an appointment to see Dr. Sharon on Friday. So we had lunch and then he rested. He woke from a bad dream once during the afternoon and thought that he was falling again, but aside from that seems no worse for wear.

This afternoon, I ran some errands and make phone calls from 3 to almost 5 when I went back to have supper with him. I had the last of the Mexican Lasagna for my supper. Dick had a BLT and pears. He hate half the sandwich and half the pears so I was happy. He really is not eating.

I came home at 7ish. Jaren, the therapist who helped Dick before his knee got so sore, came in as I was leaving to do an evaluation. How good it is to see a familiar kind face.

Now, this long day is over.

Tomorrow should be much quieter. I hope to be home more and with Dick when needed.

Today some young ladies came to the Care Center and decorated pumpkins for the residents. Dick got a nice medium to small pumpkin with four faces on the four directions. It is cute and brightens up his room along with the flowers that arrived from Leslie and Bill this afternoon.

Love

Mary

No comments: