Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hello again.

It was a six AM morning again. I wish it wasn't so dark. There were a couple of people also out walking, notably Marilyn Bordeau, who I met as I turned back onto Tallgrass. They have finished installing the sidewalk that was torn up between Valley Road and Tallgrass Lane during the road construction so it is an easy walk.

Then I had breakfast and went to Aurora Plymouth for my physical therapy. That is going quite well. I have one more session with Becky to be sure she has me doing the right things and then I will be on my own. There is definite improvement and I have not been able to do the exercises every day because of the schedule.

Anyway I got to the Care Center at about 9AM and Lori, the PT was there wrapping Dick's stump. She says that it is very important to keep the stump round and not let it square off. So she is rewrapping it every day. Jacki had already wrapped his right leg and dressed the wound.

He had a pretty good night and is getting regular breathing treatments to help relieve the congestion in his lungs.

I stayed until about noon, then came home to have lunch, wash, take care of Chelsea and do a few other things that NEED to be done around here.

I went back at 4:30 by way of the bank and the gas station. I got there in time to join Dick for supper. They had swissburgers. Hamburgers with swiss cheese and onion rings. Not a bad supper as far as I am concerned.

We have decided that I come home at seven so I can get to bed at a decent time. So. Here I am.

I called Barb. She is in Washington DC. They sent her on another "rescue" mission to help an office that is in trouble. She does not like it there but they are already trying to talk her into staying on.

This morning when I was waiting for Becky at the Clinic, Dr. Sharon came in and saw me. He asked about Dick and I told him that I will feel much better after he sees him. There are questions on a few things that I know he can help with.

So the day is done. Not a bad day. Fr. Van Beeck said Mass at the Care Center at 10AM so I went. That is comforting.

I finally filled out our absentee ballots and will deliver them to the City Clerk tomorrow. Maxine says "They hold elections in November because it is the best time for picking out a turkey."



Have a good day.
Love

Mary

No comments: