Wednesday, October 08, 2008

It is almost 10PM. I just got home at 9:45PM. I was actually here at 9:30 but when I hung my coat on the rack, I thought to myself, "I didn't think my jacket had a blue lining." And it didn't.

This evening, I went to 52 Stafford at 6:30PM to meet the Sheboygan County Celtic Women for dinner, a meeting and some music. We had a good group. There were 12 of us there, a good turnout and we planned our next two meetings which is the way we keep going. There were two new people, Joan Brigham and Debbie O Grady. I used to babysit for Debbie's husband. There were actually 11 of us at the dinner, including John Nevicosi, Toni's husband and then Candy Durdin joined us for a few minutes after she had her choir practice. A lovely evening and as I was sure it would be, a welcome break for me.

This was another pretty good day. Dick is kept busy all day, I tell you. With bandage changes and breathing treatments and physical therapy, it is not a quiet restful place. He is working on several things to build up strength and to learn to be self sufficient. It is going to be a hard struggle but we have time. Our goal is , if possible, to have him home for Thanksgiving.

I did the grocery shopping this morning before heading over to see him.

This morning, I watched parts of Good Morning America as I usually do. Robin Roberts and Diane Sawyer reviewed Robin's journey through cancer treatments this past year. She was so good about sharing this with her fans for the sake of others who go through this every year. I was impressed with her courage in handling it. Whe had a comment today that was so pertinant to any hard ordeal that we go through in life (and WHO doesn't.) She said, " We are all a little bit stronger than we think we are." She is right. We can always do just one more day. or one more treatment or one more chore. But we can't look too far ahead. That is for God to do.

Love

Mary

No comments: