Sunday, August 31, 2008

Now is the quiet part of the day. Chelsea and Dick have gone down for a short nap. It is about 7PM. Dick is very sleepy these days, I am sure his body is working on recovering from those two days of invasion. He is feeling overall pretty good. He has little to no pain and there has been no bleeding since the very first day. We will be relieved when Dr. Fehrman looks at it on Tuesday.

Today, we got to stay home ALL day. Chelsea woke me up at 5:15. What a little you know what. I finally took her out at 5:30 and then went back to bed. Dick had to shut her up in the old office to settle her down. For some reason she wanted me up. Maybe she did not feel too well, but I was sure glad to get more sleep.

I finished crocheting a penguin today. I had found some patterns for three animals, a penguin, a koala bear and a turtle on the Women's Day site. While I was sitting with Dick on Wednesday when he had his stint put in, I got almost all of the penguin crocheted. All that he needed was one little wing. So today, I made him his wing, stuffed his little parts and put him all together. He is really quite darling. Jim and Michelle came over for a minute after they got home from the fair with a couple of freebees for us and when I showed it to her she loved it. I found out she likes penguins, so I gave it to her. Nice to have homes for the little creatures.

I baked a loaf of bread today because we were down to two crusts and about a slice and a half of my sourdough.

Jeff and Kathy stopped by on their way to Mom's. They brought some fresh veggies from their garden for us. Tomorrow, we will have fresh corn and beets for dinner. Now they will be able to tell Mom that Dick looks pretty good which will reassure her.

Jim and Michelle were also able to instruct me as to how to attach files to send in emails. I am just so full of knowledge today, I can hardly stand myself.

Gustave is heading steadily towards New Orleans. One wonders why they would build in the same basin that was flooded two years ago. Are all humans in total denial? As they say, don't mess with Mother Nature. I am glad that things were learned from Katrina. At least there is a plan for evacuation and it is being implemented. Sure is messing up the Republican Convention but maybe they can get a spin on that too.

I am getting some rest the past couple of days and am feeling better. George Bernard Shaw said "In this world there is always danger for those who are afraid of it." I hate getting bogged down in fear and am resting enough to be rising above it.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Love

Mary

No comments: