Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Well, this has been an up and down day.

Started off at about 6:15. Chelsea did not try to wake me up at 5AM. Probably because Dick locked her out of the bedroom. But it was a nice walk. Oh - Something odd. We saw a dead opossum on Highland Avenue. That surprised me a bit.

I got a hold of Dr. Moreno's nurse at about 9 or so and we set up an appointment for 2PM because of the change in the wound on the right foot. Then I went grocery shopping.

We met with Dr. Moreno at 2PM and, indeed, the wound is getting worse. Needless to say I am really upset. No matter how hard we try things don't seem to heal. Dr. Moreno cleaned the entire callous off, built a special shoe for him to reduce pressure, gave me explicit instructions as to how to change the dressing twice a day and we are to see him next Monday. Please keep praying. It is so distressing after all the work and care to have this happen. Dr. Moreno says that there is every reason to believe that we can turn this around.

So we will go with that.

I called Kate today and her Ron is also having health problems so lets all pray for these guys. We ladies will take the very best care that we know how.

Today, Dick and I were listening to a program on Public Radio about a man who received the winning football from his really shining game in high school, some thirty years or so after the event. He was describing the ball and how hard it was to hold on to as it was not leather, but a synthetic and it reminded me of a story of Bret when he was playing Little League. I may have told this before but it would have been a long time ago.

After the first year or two of Little League, the kids would have try outs and the coaches would choose their players based on what they saw, taking turns, and no kid was ever left out if he wanted to play. Anyway, they were pitching to the kids in turn to see how they could hit and there was a bunch of about a dozen boys including Bret at the end of the field just milling around waiting for their turns. The young man at bat hit a really hard one and it sailed down right into t that bunch. Everybody scattered. Except my Bret. He just watched the ball coming an caught it. That's my boy. He saw an opportunity and grabbed it.

Take it easy and enjoy the rain that we need a lot.

Mary

No comments: