Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hey. Today was not bad.

I got up at 6:30ish. (Chelsea got up much earlier, but Dick shut her out of the bedroom.)
We had a lovely walk. It is quite cool these mornings and very pleasant for our walks. Chelsea is a wild puppy in the mornings and then a tired little puppy the rest of the day.

We had a quiet morning. I picked up a few things and did a load or two of wash and then we headed out to see Dr. Fehrman. That went VERY well. Dr. Fehrman is pleased with the condition of the wound . He said that it looks even better than he expected. We had him look at the other wound on the right food and he said he will send an email to Dr. Moreno. I am concerned, the callous is getting thicker and more separated and reminds me of the one that got so deep. Dr. Moreno will be back in the office tomorrow and we want Dick checked as soon as possible.

On the way home, we stopped at Rick's House of Flowers in Falls and picked up a bouquet for Mother. This is the anniversary of her and Dad's wedding and I always bring her flowers. It is such a joy to see the pleased look on her face and she always relives their wedding day. I could not stay long because I needed to get Dick home but she said that this was a hot day and so was her wedding day. I know she has told me before about the heat and that they went to Milwaukee for their honeymoon.

We stopped and got a blizzard to share for lunch and then both laid down for a nap. I was just ready to lie down when their was a knock at the door and it was a florist truck with flowers for Dick from Leslie and Bill. They are beautiful. Yellows, and oranges and greens with a kicky balloon topping off the whole thing. I will take a picture tomorrow and send it to you. I is such fun to share special things. Dolores called today and we had a nice visit. Another special thing. It is so good to know that others are thinking of us.

Now it is evening and things are quiet and peaceful around here. I don't think there is anything undone that I was supposed to do. A good feeling.

Tomorrow will be another day unto itself. As they say Carpe Diem. Sufficient unto the day.

Love

Mary

No comments: