Thursday, September 04, 2008

A lovely comfortable rainy day. No thunder or lightening, just a nice gentle steady rain all day long. Our plants should be very very happy.

I got my haircut today. I actually had an appointment last week and forgot. I was so embarassed when I remembered and called right away. Jessica forgave me and let me come today. This time we put my number with the name, just in case. Jessica understood what was happening last week. She is a real dear and does a nice job on my hair.

Dick had a followup appointment with Dr. Cheryl Ziegler for his eyes. She is just keeping an eye on the cloudiness that is starting to appear in his implants. There has been no change since last time so we are OK until next April. This was a new adventure. We took the wheel chair because I felt it was too far to walk in with the walker and we did not know that Advanced Eyecare has a wheelchair. They do, so next time I won't have to load the chair which is heavier than the walker. I am pleased though that I now know that it is doable and don't have to worry about that.

We just had bacon cheeseburgers for dinner tonight. That is more than plenty. I had make hamburger soup for lunch.

Tonight I went to Blessed Trinity for the choir practice for Celtic Mass. We had a BIG choir. Members from Blessed Trinity, St. John's in Kohler and St. Peter Episcopal all joined together to make a beautiful sound. It will be GREAT on Sunday. I had to leave at 7:45 to get home to hook Dick up to the sequential but was there for most of the songs with parts.

The kids sang first. They are singing Brendon before Mass and are singing the first Communion song. We have dancers this year too. I am excited. The CWI Sheboygan County group is also having our meeting after Mass out on the grounds. I am excited about that too. I will be gone for several hours but Bobbie and Bill are coming here at about 11:30 to spend some time with Dick so he won't be alone too long. I figure on coming home at about 2PM.

So the end of a busy day. Tomorrow is not much better. League starts at Rhine Plymouth and I have recruited a couple of more people for the pistol league. We should have fun. I will have to work tomorrow too. Jim and Michelle are here for most of the time I will be gone so I don't have to worry then either. They have been such a help and I DO appreciate the time away when I don't have to worry.

I have to change the dressing on the right foot, not the foot with the surgery, but the wound on the other foot twice a day now. The left foot is really looking good. Keep praying.

Today was my Bret's birthday. I think I have mentioned that he was born ON Labor Day and there were about 6 ladies all arriving at Santa Ana Community Hospital, two of us on the same elevator. One of the nurses came in and said. "Just because it is Labor Day didn't mean you ALL had to come in at the same time."


Have a good Friday.

Love

Mary

No comments: