Friday, September 05, 2008

Today was a rough one. Dick was very uncomfortable. The foot that had the surgery is starting to really hurt. As long as he does not use it, it does not but he has to do bathroom etc. I think it is also part of the healing. We had to go to the Plymouth Clinic for his blood coagulation test. We are GLAD that we can do it at the Plymouth Clinic now, that saves us at least 20 miles a test and Deb, our new nurse, is very nice and helpful.

He was exhausted and lay down for a nap. I left to give blood at 10:30AM. I was scheduled for 11 but did not get called until almost 11:45. So I was getting nervous because I really figured that I would not be gone much over an hour and a half. Once they got me in, it went really fast. I ended up with quite a bruise this time. It didn't seem too bad when they put the needle in but they did have to shift it a bit and it must have been just enough.

I got home totally exhausted. We hooked Dick up to the sequential and I lay down on the couch to rest. Did pretty good for about 45 minutes, then the door bell rang. It was the medical supplies from VNA and as soon as I lay down again the phone rang. We didn't answer that. When I got up, we checked and it was Leslie. So I called her back.

Good news. Leslie and Bill are driving up on September 20 and will be here on the 21. They are going to stay for a week. This is a good thing and Dick and I are very pleased. We were so disappointed when they had to cancel August. So now they will be here. It has been way too long. Leslie feels that way too and wants to see her Dad.

Then I had to go to Rhine to work the first night of Fall Trap League. I did the gun room. Nancy came out with her grandson, Colin, and we DID go down to shoot our first targets for pistol league and let Colin shoot for the first time. We had mixed results but ended up pretty good. Colin liked it and MAY decide to shoot league too. It would be wonderful to get young blood in there. He is 15, Nancy said and a very nice young man. He listened carefully to our instructions.

Tom and Doc let me come home early so I was here by 8:30 which is great because I was able to change Dick's dressing and put him on the compressor again. I will be in bed by 10, Thank God.

My Bret called while I was gone but said he will call back tomorrow. Now I have something to look forward too tomorrow.

I received the following this morning. I think I saw it before, but decided to share it tonight because it is cute. I love "all I ever learned" things.

Mary

> 
> Noah's Ark
> Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah's Ark ...
>
> ONE: Don't miss the boat.
>
> TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat!
>
> THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
>
> FOUR: Stay fit. When you're 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
>
> FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
>
> SIX: Build your future on high ground.
>
> SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
>
> EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
>
> NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.
>
> TEN: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
>
> ELEVEN: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.
>
> My instructions were to send this to the people that I wanted God to bless and I picked you.
>

> Most people walk in and out of your life......but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

No comments: