Saturday, August 30, 2008

"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians." A quote from Warren Buffet. To bad it doesn't work this way.

Today was just beautiful. The sun shone. It was in the mid 80s and not too humid. A really nice summer day to ALMOST end August. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the end of August and that the Sheboygan County Fair is in full swing AND that school starts on Tuesday. When one is a Grandma and your grandchildren are all grown, one does not keep track of these things.

I slept until almost 6:30 and actually for once COULD have slept longer but felt that I should get up to take Chelsea out. Old ladies should not have to wait too long to go to the bathroom. She is really a wonder but I don't like to push the envelope.

It was a quiet day. I went to get corn this morning for supper. Jim and Michelle came over when they came home from their little trip to Chicago. They had a GREAT time at the Shedd Aquarium and other sites in the Windy City.

I called Jeff this afternoon because he had emailed well wishes the other day. They are fine. He and Kathy are going to visit Mom either tomorrow or Monday and he said they would drop off some fresh corn and beets for us. We LOVE the fresh veggies.

George called this afternoon, he and Betsy are visiting Shawn for the holiday. That will be a nice weekend and they are away from Gustave who may or may not send water and wind to Houston.

I went to Mass at 4PM. That was pleasant. A couple, Schoeders, were celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary and we all got to participate in the blessing. I like that. Special people should get mass blessings.

When I got home, I turned on the water for the corn and waited for Bobbie and Bill. Bobbie brought cupcakes and they were delicious. She found a cake mix online called Chocolate Bliss from Wellness Bakeries that has all natural ingredients, no artificial sweeteners and no refined sugars. It contains whole almond flour as its main ingredient. We won't have to worry about Dick's sugars shooting through the roof. She had to buy three mixes so gave me one to bake later. The corn gets sweeter every week too. We had corn and fresh tomatoes, one EVEN from one of my deck tomatoes.

It was a nice evening. Jim and Michelle come over for dessert too. So they could all share their vacation stories.

Dick had such a good time but he is really exhausted now. I hope he sleeps well tonight.

The next two days are even more quiet. I intend to do some writing and some crafts. I have that quilt hanging and a half finished crocheted penguin to put together.

Hope your Labor Day is blessed and enjoyable.

Love

Mary

No comments: