Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It is getting closer and closer to two kind of icky days. Tomorrow Dick has another stint. He is not looking forward to that. And to top it off the past couple of days, the wound has been seeping every time he walks on it. I cannot get it tight enough to stop the bleeding. This has been very hard on both of us. I hope that tomorrow, they can get it to stop.

We have to be at the hospital at 6:30AM for an 8AM procedure with Dr. Siddique. We are both getting pretty discouraged.

Thursday we have to be there at 7:15AM for an 8:45AM surgery. He is an outpatient there too and they expect that we will have him home about 12PM. WOW! They take off a toe and send him home right away. I hope they give me LOTS of directions and stuff. I am sure glad that I asked Rachel to send someone on Friday. I am going to be quite insecure.

My friend, Kate Herman, called and asked if I wanted her to go with us on Thursday. Since she asked, I said yes. I am really kind of scared and it will be nice to have someone with me while Dick is in his surgery.

Today was otherwise, kind of quiet. I went to the store for the lottery tickets and to the bank and Walgreens. Then we took Dick to the Clinic for his pre surgery lab tests this afternoon. The rest of the day, I did some CWI stuff and made some detergent and moved stuff off of the deck because they are going to stain them.

Now I am very tired both physically and mentally. I will be so glad when all of this is over. I can't believe that they are sending Dick home without a toe in less than 6 hours total though.

It is going to be OK though. I have people praying for us all over this nation and I know that prayers are answered. There is a quote. "See how I have loved you. I have carved you in the palm of my hand."


Tomorrow night I hope things are happier.

Love

Mary

No comments: