Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today was both stress and quiet renewal. Our walk was very pleasant. The mornings are comfortable. I even wore a long sleeved shirt because the temps were in the low 60s.

Then I fixed breakfast and worked on computer stuff until it was time to go to church at 10:45AM. Mass was very nice. We helped two couples celebrate anniversaries today. Bud and Mary Dwyer celebrated 55 years and Richard and Faye Wieser celebrated 45 years. I have known Bud for many years as he was a realtor when I was a mortgage banker AND when Mother was very little, the Dwyers lived on a farm near the Bowsers. Mother went to school with Bud's older brother George. The first day they went to school, Grandma Bowser was working in the kitchen when Mr. Dwyer appeared at the kitchen door before lunch with George and my Mom. Grandma was alarmed thinking that something had happened and asked what was wrong. Mr. Dwyer just said that he went and got them because "That was long enough for these little ones." They had to tell him to leave them there for the whole day after that. I think that is so sweet.

I don't know the Wiesers, but I am probably related. My Grandma Deeley was a Ziegler and one of her siblings married a Wieser.

Then home and I got to stay home all day. I baked a blueberry pie and make a pot roast and just took care of Dick.

Jim and Michelle came over after supper to have dessert with us. It seemed like a good idea in fresh blueberry season. They went camping this weekend at Elkhart Lake and had a great time.

Well that is it for today. Chelsea is being a pest and wanting SOMETHING. This is the time of day when she really pesters me and I never know exactly what she wants. She is old and I think a bit senile.

Have a good week. Til Tomorrow,

Love

Mary

No comments: