Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This morning I HAD to get up at 6AM to get Chelsea out for her walk. It was a lovely morning for a walk. The temperature was 57 degrees and it was dry. I met Toni and Janet at the Wilderness, a restaurant over on Hwy 57 for breakfast.

We wanted to discuss Toni and Janet doing pistol shooting. We are going out to Rhine on Thursday morning to do a bit of practicing. Toni went out with John in the past couple of days and did not do badly at all. Janet has done some trap, I think, but no pistol shooting. So we will go on Thursday and just go over the safety measures and the basics of the pistol itself and shoot a couple of targets. It would be really nice if we had a few more people to join our pistol league in the fall. This was a nice break for me. I ordered an omelet, which is way to much for me, and brought half of it home for Dick's breakfast along with half of the hash browns. We have always found that sharing an omelet is MORE than enough for the two of us.

On the way home, I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription for mother and got a few other things that were on sale, including some licorice for Dick.

After that I got to be home for the rest of the day which was a real treat. I cleaned the downstairs kitchen and bath and sewed and made several necessary phone calls.

This afternoon, I received a message from my friend Janet Thomas who lived in Costa Mesa CA. She reported that there had been a 5.4 to 5.6 earthquake in the area. She said her house was really rattling but they were all OK. So tonight I called my Bret. He is just fine. He said that it was definitely a quake that was felt and there was some damage in the warehouse where he works as some of the pallets fell but that all was good with him and his.

Tomorrow we have to get up by 6AM again as Dick has to be at the lab at Aurora Plymouth for his pre physical tests. He sees Dr. Sharon NEXT Wednesday for his annual physical.

One can be serene
In the sultry heavy days
Of lazy summer.

Have a nice Wednesday.

Mary

No comments: