Monday, July 28, 2008

I had to get up at 6AM this morning so I could get everything done before I had to leave for bible study. I had a LOT to do. First. The Walk. Then I had to shower and get ready. On the way, I stopped and filled up the gas tank.

We had a lively discussion.The first reading was from Isaiah 55: 1-7. I love the idea. The first verse says "Let all who are thirsty, Come to the water." There is a beautiful hymn (Probably more) that use that theme.

My friend Dan Vircks sent me an e mail of Tony Snow's Testimony, a summary of his faith before he died. This is an excerpt from it. I found it a really wonderful read and if I did not forward the whole thing to you and you want it, let me know.

I sat by my best friend's bedside a few years ago as a wasting cancer took him away. He kept at his table a worn Bible and a 1928 edition of the Book of Common Prayer. A shattering grief disabled his family, many of his old friends, and at least one priest. Here was an humble and very good guy, someone who apologized when he winced with pain because he thought it made his guest uncomfortable. He retained his equanimity and good humor literally until his last conscious moment. 'I'm going to try to beat [this cancer],' he told me several months before he died. 'But if I don't, I'll see you on the other side.'

His gift was to remind everyone around him that even though God doesn't promise us tomorrow, he does promise us eternity

After Bible study, I went and visited with Mom. I took her a piece of pie and a dinner of pot roast. Jeff had brought tons of leaf lettuce so she shared some with me AND the cleaning lady.

I got home in time to fix lunch and then Dick and I had to get to Sheboygan at 1PM to see Dr. Moreno about his wounds. The right foot is healing quite well, but a blood blister showed up. The left is at least pinker and the toes are warm. He put some extra padding on the foot and wrapped the leg in Profor bandages again. We go back next Monday so this week we keep up with the sequential compression and the daily bandage change.

That was pretty much it. By the time we got home it was almost 3:30PM. Dick took a nap, I don't blame him after doctors and nurses messed with his legs for almost 2 hours. I watered the plants outdoors and then sat out on the deck for a while. It was a really beautiful day.

We had fresh corn, salad and blueberry pie for dinner. Sure was good.

Hope your week started out as well.

Love

Mary

No comments: