Thursday, July 31, 2008

The morning was the busiest part of my day. Chelsea woke me up way to early after a not so restful night. I woke up in the middle of the night again with achy hips an knees. I have finally accepted that the only solution is to get up, fill the bathtub with water as hot as I can stand it and soak.

This Would be the morning that Chelsea starts bugging me at 5:30. I decided that there was no hope for it an just got up and walked her. It was actually a very nice walk.

When I got home Dick was up but he went back to bed right away. I took a shower and fixed some breakfast for myself and cooked bacon for Dick when he woke up. We got him up and dressed before 9AM when Rachel, our nurse from VNA came . She checked him all over and answered a few questions that I had. She is ordering more Saline Wound Wash for us. I did not know that they provide that too. I have been buying it at Walgreens. We should be in pretty good shape now. Rachel is going to come every two weeks now and I can call if I have any questions.


At 10AM I met Rich and Janet Bieschke at Rhine. Toni, Janet and I had set this time to meet and review and shoot pistol. Toni apparnetly had somethign else going on, so Rich and Janet and I did just fine. Janet is really good. Rich and Janet may join Rhine as members. That would be nice. I am always glad to get another woman in the club and Rich is really wonderful. He shoots pistol pretty good too and is interested in the rifle range. Sounds like a perfect match to me.

When I got home, we had lunch and I hooked Dick up to the sequential machine. Then I took a nap. When I woke up, he took a nap and I did some quilting and some phone calls. We had brat patties and hamburgers for dinner.

I am glad the day is almost over. It is a bit early but I want to just hook Dick up again when he wakes up and then go to bed so want to have communicated with you all.


I feel like I should be saying something wise to you today so will repeat something that I know that I already told you is one of my favorite saying.

Jesus said. "I never told you that it would be easy. I just said that it would be worth it."

As Fr. Van Beeck said, Wouldn't it be awful if we walked up to the gates of heaven and knocked, and Jesus came to the door and said. "I don't know you."


Tomorrow is a quiet day. I will probably have lunch with my bank friends. I still have some seats left f0r the trip to Irish Fest on August 17. Let me know if you are interested. My friend Cindy Matyi, the artist is going to be in the cultural village and is doing some classes. Could be a lot of fun.

Love

Mary

No comments: