Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We had to be at the Plymouth Clinic at 8AM for Dick's lab tests. No problem getting up, Chelsea started at 5:30 and managed to make me get up by coughing so much that she choked up phlegm. That is the first time that she has choked anything up. Hope she is not going to turn into another Zero. He had allergies and was ALWAYS choking up phlegm. Got to be a real pain.

Anyway, on our way back from the clinic we stopped at Mc Donalds and picked up breakfast. Dick had been fasting and we were really quite hungry.

After we got home and settled, I went to the Pig and did out grocery shopping. It is always good to get that out of the way.

I had lunch at the Family Restaurant with the Rotary Club. Kate had invited me to come because the speaker was from the Physicians Health Network and telling us what services are available in the area from their network and about ways to make ourselves more healthy. There will be a series of speakers, once a month, on specific problems such as diabetes, sleep apnea, respiratory problems etc. Should be good. I figure anything I can learn will help me to take care of Dick more efficiently.

The rest of the afternoon was easy. I did some computer stuff and took care of Dick and watered a LOT. Good thing I got out to the deck plants because one of my tomato plants that actually has a little tomato on it was starting to droop.

We had leftovers for supper so the fixing and the cleaning up were really easy tonight. This evening, I went out on the deck and read for a while. If I go before it is too late, the mosquitoes don't discover that I am there. It is absolutely gorgeous out there and I can hear the happy noises from the park off in the distance. My pots of flowers and herbs are blooming and beautiful. I will have to start harvesting one of these days. Maybe with any luck at all, I can figure out how to deep the herbs thriving during the winter. When I was at Hunters Glen, I had an herb garden next to the house that must have been in just the right place because my lavender, oregano, thyme and chives all came back year after year.

Try to stay cool tomorrow. It is supposed to get REALLY hot.

Love

Mary

No comments: