Sunday, July 13, 2008

A quiet Sunday mostly. I got up at 6:15Pm and Chelsea and I went for our walk. It was not the best night for me but I slept pretty good towards morning. Some day I may be able to sleep myself out.

We got Dick on the sequential compression machine the three times today. As usual the last one was a little shorter than the hour because he just gets so uncomfortable. I changed all his dressings this afternoon and we got his hair washed too so it was a successful day.

At about 11AM, I went to Rhine Plymouth to help out with the Pig Roast/Lewis Shoot. I stayed for two hours. That was as long as I felt good about leaving Dick alone. It was a nice break for me. I helped dish up the food. Jerry Coenen and Doc both asked about Bobbie. Jerry said that I should tell her that her year is "coming up" and he is looking forward to her coming back to the club. We do hope that she does come back.

I am going to try the summer trap league on Wednesday. Becky, the PT, says that if I want to shoot, the only way to find out if it will hurt is to try. So I will. Nancy Roehre is going to meet me out there at 10AM and we will also shoot some pistol. We shot on Friday and did pretty good considering that we had not shot for several weeks now.

I brought dinner home for Dick and I. Pork sandwiches, beans, German potato salad, coleslaw and desserts. WOW. Was it good and we have enough for another meal too.

This will be another busy week. Tuesday we are getting the carpet cleaned. I am going to take all the small stuff out into the garage tomorrow. Schroeder's said they will move the big stuff. I am so glad.

Someone named William Carlos Williams said, "In summer, the song sings itself."

Have a good summer week.

Mary

No comments: