Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The day is almost over. It is 7:30PM and I am winding down. We had a rather busy day. I am hoping that Dick wakes up in about an hour so that we can get one more sequential compression on his legs. He went to bed because he was so tired.

Got up early this morning. My side and arm were uncomfortable so it seemed better to be up an moving. I do feel better if I am busy. Chelsea and I did have a nice walk. When we got back, I filled the birdbath and took out the trash.

Then I fixed breakfast for us and took a shower before heading to the Clinic for my Physical Therapy. Becky had me doing some different exercises today. Tomorrow I am going to try to shoot some trap. There is a summer league at Rhine. I shot in it last year and the year before and really liked it. I do not need to find a team for this one. And am just shooting against myself. Becky said that the only way to find out if it is a problem is to try. Nancy is going to meet me out there too and we will shoot some pistol since the place is open.

When I got home from PT, the carpet cleaners were already here and cleaning away. They finished just before lunch. So, I fixed lunch and tried to rest afterwards. It is sometimes just too hard in the middle of the day.

I got a haircut at 2:30 and then was really done for the day. All I had to do this afternoon was to change Dick's dressings and hook him up to the machine.

I will be going for a Reflexology session either this Thursday or next Thursday, depending on Dick's doctor appointments. I am really looking forward to that. (The reflexology, not the doctor appointments.)

It was really hot today. The temps are down to 83, so, I think I will go sit on the deck for just a bit befoe it gets too dark.


Harry Truman said:

'My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano player job to be much more honorable than current politicians.'



Would that we had some politicians like him around today.

Mary

No comments: