Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday. And a busy one at that. I got a log done and still spent some time to myself, thanks to Jim and Michelle.

Started off this morning with a nice walk for Chelsea and me. When I got back we got Dick hooked up to the sequential thing. We had breakfast and I took a shower.

I did some paper sorting on the desk and some computer work. When I was doing that, I had the opportunity to try the new printer. I was delighted that I had gotten the printer and copier to work but was still baffled by the FAX part.

At 10AM or so I went to my PT. I am still pretty sore, but much better, so Becky gave me a set of exercises that I will do every day to strengthen and perhaps eliminate the pain. We decided that it is probably best if I put off shooting trap for a while as my neck hurts more now than it was which is consistent with the impact of 25 shotgun shots. So I guess I will stick to pistol and just go to the bust up party. I stopped at Kmart on the way home and bought Dick a toothbrush and picked up two bookcases, one for next to Dick and one for the new "sitting room.' We are however going to go through our books and donate a number of them to a book sale, probably next year's at the Plymouth History Museum.

I fixed lunch for Dick and then joined the bank retirees for lunch at Dairy Queen. It had been several weeks so I enjoyed the break. Poor Betty. Three of her trees, nice trees, over forty years old, fell in the big storm last Wednesday. She also found out that she has to have a hip replacement. She had one done 15 years ago but it is wearing out. So we must pray for Betty.

Got home and dressed Dick's wounds and hooked him up again, so we were done when Jim and Michelle came over at 4PM to help us. My friend Kate, sent us sandwiches for supper from the Rotary food stand out at Road America. What a sweetie. She sent them with a neighbor from June Grass Lane who is also a Rotarian.

After we ate our sandwiches, I left. I went to Evans, Mother's and stopped at Kate's to thank her again. I got home at about 7:45 and we all had apple pie for a late dessert.

I can't believe all that Jim and Michelle did for us. They got the fax machine working and then gave me a tutorial on top of cleaning the house for us again. They even cleaned under the fridge and stove tonight. I am so grateful. That is hours of work that I don't have to do and can spend with Dick and taking care of him.

Guess that is about all. Tomorrow I will be going to the Fireside with Bobbie and Bill on Discovery. Going to see The Rock and The Rabbi, a new musical about Jesus and Peter. The word is that the music is really good. At any rate it will be brand new to all of us.

Love

Mary

No comments: