Monday, July 14, 2008

Mondays usually are OK. Today was no exception. At least the morning. I had Bible Study at Blessed Trinity. There were six of us. The readings were on the qualities of God which are also the qualities of a good leader. They seemed to also stress the fact that we have to know when to ask for help and to look for the things that God sends to help us. Sometimes it is hard to recognize the help that is there and to admit that we are not in this all alone.

Had a nice visit with Mom. When I got there, her cleaning lady was cleaning and Mom was sitting on the porch. It was a lovely day, so we just decided to stay out there for our visit. I brought her some cheesecake. I will be helping her choose a binding for the quilt she has just finished. She thinks that from now on, at least for a while, she will just make crazy quilt squares when she feels like creating. I told her that I have trouble with crazy quilt. I think backwards and CONSTANTLY have to tear out and try again.

Got home at about 11:30 and hooked Dick up to his sequential compression machine. We were expecting Rachel, the VNA, at 1:00 but she never came or called. We wonder if we misunderstood.

Anyway, I had a doctor appointment with Dr. Ganju here in Plymouth. He said that I do have cysts on my kidneys but they are small and he can't really do anything about them. At least I know that I am not crazy, the discomfort is caused by something. I also know that it is nothing serious apparently. Perhaps, the reflexology that I am going to have will help the discomfort. The only thing he could suggest was Tylenol, unless it gets much worse. It will have to get a LOT worse before I will spend any more precious dollars on it.

The rest of the day was very quiet. I sat our on the deck for a while and read. Our deck is just beautiful and very restful. I planted a hummingbird pot with a fuchsia, begonias and sweet potato vines. It is blooming and the fuchsias are gorgeous. Next year I will get more fuchsias. They are SO gorgeous and obviously do well back there between the trees and the house. Everything else is doing well and I even have buds on the bean plants.

We had leftovers for dinner which was very easy. Now, I hooked Dick up again and as soon as he is done will hit the bed. I am really tired.

A thought for today, Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair Magazine, who objected to the war in Iraq before it began said the following about Bush. He wrote, "I see none of the worry lines that should be etched in the face of a man taking the greatest military power ever assembled to war."

Take Care and be well.

Mary

No comments: