Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Boy did we have storms today. Dick had to be at Sheboygan Memorial at 1PM for his ultra sound. This one took well over an hour. He was not comfortable because he had to be on his back but he said he was nice. The technician DID let him sit up half way through to ease his back pain.

Anyway, it started to rain just as we left the hospital and by the time we hit Highway 23 and it was bad. We passed on police car with the lights on and I saw a car in the ditch. It must have hydroplaned.

We got home alright any way and before the sirens went off. Then the TV said to take cover as some tornado type conditions were in the area. So, Dick and I went into the bathroom and closed the bedroom doors. I was not about to go downstairs without him and that seemed to be the safest spot. We did crossword puzzles until they announced the all clear. A couple of more heavy storms came by after that but none with quite the intensity of the first.

I went grocery shopping this morning and then out to Rhine to shoot a round of trap. I joined the summer league. So far it does not seem to have done any damage to my arm or shoulder. We will just have to see. I shot a 13. Which is not too bad for me.

So. It was a busy day. I did tell you that we had the carpet cleaned yesterday. It looks nice. So this evening, Chelsea threw up. Wouldn't you know. I was able to clean it right away so there is no damage, but what a little jerk is she.


A little summer poem.

The music from summer concerts

Floats over strawberry fields

Sounding red and green and yellow,

Every bit as exciting as

A vacation to exotic places.



Sleep tight



Mary


No comments: