Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chelsea tried to wake me up shortly after 5AM. She kept bouncing on Dick's side of the bed for quite a while but at about 5:30AM she finally came over to my side and managed to make eye contact so I got up and took her out for her walk. It was a strange morning. We walked for a while, then it started to rain, so I turned her back towards home.

It was a quiet morning. Dick had gone back to bed and slept until about 10AM. So we got started on his compressions then. I had a day mostly at home. My only outing was Mass at 4PM.

So I spent the day baking and getting my quilt pieces cut out. I baked a cheesecake and cleaned strawberries and peas for supper and baked some cookies to take to Rhine tomorrow.

On the way home from church I realized that Prairie Home Companion was starting, so Dick and I listened to that show for the first time in a long time. There was a time when we never missed that show. Perhaps that will happen again. It is a perfect time, now that I get home from Mass just as it comes on.

I heard a nice Turkish saying today. I think I need to paraphrase. "A cup of coffee shared, brings forty years of friendship." Perhaps that is why coffee shops have become so popular.

Tomorrow brings another rather quiet day except for a couple hours that I will spend at Rhine helping out at the Pig Roast/Lewis Shoot. It is supposed to be dry for the very first day in several so we can hope for a successful event.

Wish us luck

Love

Mary

No comments: