Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I got up at six this morning and walked Chelsea to get done in time to shower, hook Dick up to his sequential compression device for the FIRST hour and arrive at Aurora Plymouth by 8AM. Then at just before 8AM we got a call. The person who does the ultra sounds remembered that when she did my gall bladder a couple of months ago, she had also scanned my liver. She said my liver is full of cysts (which I think was a silly thing to say) and that she had passed that information on to Dr. Ghanju who said that it was not necessary for me to go through ANOTHER test. So, I was free for the morning.

I ate first. And made some coffee. I was fasting, you know, and was really glad to be done with that. Then I went to the bank and grocery shopping.

By the time I was done with that and put everything away I had just enough time to rest for about a half an hour before we got Dick ready to go to see Dr. Siddique in Sheboygan. That was successful, we think. Dr. Siddique is also concerned about the bad callous and has ordered a special kind of ultra sound for next Wednesday to see what the arteries in his legs are up to. He told us to continue with Dr. Moreno for the wound care and is also, as well as Dr. Moreno, not adverse to hyperbaric treatments. We will bring it up again to Dr. Moreno and find out if it is covered by Medicare, etc.

It was a beautiful day today. The temperatures were in the upper 60s and lower 70s and there was a pleasant breeze all day. I have buds all over my bean plants and the tomatoes are finally growing and starting to get some buds too. I must remember to fix sandwiches with fresh herbs like Joan did last night. With the fresh mozzarella and the fresh herbs those open faced sandwiches were absolutely WONDERFUL.

Tomorrow will be a much quieter day. I do want to go and check out the Farmers Market in Plymouth in the afternoon but the rest of the day I can stay home. I hope to work on the quilt and do a bit of straightening down in the den.

When they boys were young, we had all kinds of animals for pets. They were like I was growing up. At one point, we had a hamster that lived for all of his two years and more. We named him Spike. He was up in Bart's room. He would occasionally escape. When he did, I learned that if I waited til I got up in the morning, he would have worked his way downstairs and I would be able to catch him scurrying around the edge of the kitchen heading for a certain spot under the cupboards. I would take him upstairs until the next time.

One time, I had purchased a new box of food for him and it was sitting next to his cage. He picked that night to escape, but the next morning he was still in his cage. He was sacked out up in one of his little towers and every piece of that food was stored in every nook and cranny of his hamster cage. He must have worked his little buns off all night.

Have a nice Thursday. I will

Mary

No comments: