Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sundays still feel strange to me now that I go to church on Saturday nights. One would think I could sleep late, wouldn't one. But NOOOO! Chelsea the wonder dog woke me up this morning at 20 to 6. Dick was sleeping and I saw no sense in letting her keep whimpering and waking him up so out we went for our morning walk.

When I got back, Dick was awake anyway. So we had our breakfast. Sunday breakfast. We had fried potatoes, bacon, eggs and toast. Nice. Then I took a shower and a nap. I hate to admit it but I think Dick is right. I really need more sleep.

This afternoon, I drove over to Mother's house. I was intending to bring her pills. Guess what. I brought the local papers and some food to share and forgot the pills. Tomorrow, Dick has doctor appointments in the morning, so I can't go to bible study but we will come back home through Sheboygan Falls and drop them off then.

We had a nice visit as usual. I brought her some of the spinach salad that I made for dinner last night. She commented that she had never grown spinach and really never bought spinach either. I don't recall her feeding it to us when we grew up either. I know that she likes the spinach casserole and I think she will like the salad too. Perhaps I have introduced her to a band new taste.

Well we are at the beginning of a brand new week. It is a relatively busy one for us. How about you?

I spent a good portion of the afternoon sitting out on the deck reading. I have discovered that as thick as the mosquitoes are in the grass and trees, they don't spend much time on the deck. I see and hear squirrels, rabbits and lots of birds as I sit out there. Did I ever tell you about the time Chelsea and I were walking around the house on Hunters Glen and I glanced over and saw a little baby bunny huddled up against the house. He wasn't over 4 inches long and his eyes were as big as his head with his little ears flat on his back. I reached over and stroked his little back with my finger. He was too petrified to move. Then I thought I had better move quickly as Chelsea, rotten hunter that she is had not seen or smelled him. BUT if she did notice, she could have hurt the little thing by sheer excitement and clumsiness. So I left him and we hurried on our walk.

But I got to pet a baby bunny. Isn't that neat.

Mary

No comments: