Friday, July 11, 2008

Well, here we are at another Friday night. It was a very busy day and I am, as usual, tired.

Started off with a very nice walk, despite the mosquitoes, with Chelsea this morning. Fortunately we walked between the rain. It started much heavier about the time I had to go to PT but was light enough that I could "run between the drops."

PT went quite well. I must keep doing my home exercises as between Becky's work and them I AM feeling better. I went from there to the Blood Center with a side trip to the Bagel Place to pick up a couple of bagels and neat cream cheeses. I was still about 15 minutes early for donating blood and they were a half an hour behind so I spent a LOT of time there and was getting a bit nervous as I wanted to get home to Dick to see that he was OK and fix his lunch. I was OK because I get cookies and juice when I finish donating. My vitals were really good and my iron was at 43% which I guess is really good for a woman. We take pretty good care of ourselves here.

I was really drained when I got home. So we ate and then I put the sequential compression on Dick and laid down for a nap. I did get some sleep, but the phone rang and it was time to "turn Dick off" anyway, so I got up. About that time, the delivery guy from Aurora came with the new inflatable cushion for Dick's wheelchair. The first one had a leak.

I changed Dick's dressings and we hooked him up for another session on the compression machine. We are supposed to do three a day. We finished at about 3:30 just in time to settle things down as Jim and Michelle came over at 4PM. They are coming earlier and leaving earlier. Which is fine with us as I am a 9 O'Clock wonder. Anyway and I think Michelle is an 8 O'Clock wonder because she has to get up for work so early most days.

After I saw that Dick was settled in his chair, I loaded up the car and headed to Mom's. I had some vitamins and hearing aid batteries for her and it seemed like a good time to get them to her and have an extra little visit. She looked so cute tonight. Her hair was SO pretty. We had a nice visit and she gave me some leaf lettuce which we will enjoy tomorrow and a few kohlrabi plants for the garden. I will give a couple to Jim and Michelle too.

I went from her house to pick up Nancy Roehre and we drove out to Rhine Plymouth and shot some pistol. We were really quite pleased. We had not shot for a long time and we did not do too badly at all. My arm was not TOO sore though I could feel it. Then we went to Antoinette's for supper and a visit. Such a pleasant evening. Nancy graduated from high school with me. We cannot believe that it has been 50 years. At the end of this month we will be celebrating with our class. I DO see some of them, especially the girls, as we get together for lunch occasionally but many people I probably have not seen since our last reunion or maybe even further back. It will be fun.


Anyway. It it time to wind down and think of sleep. I remember Mother saying "Up the wooden hill to Four Corners." It took me quite some time to realize that the wooden hill was the stairs to the upstairs where our bedrooms were and Four Corners was our beds.

Sleep tight.

Mary

No comments: