Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sundays seem very strange to me now that I am going to Mass on Saturday nights. I was so used to starting my Sunday and my week with Mass that it feels rather disomboberated.

Chelsea tried to get me up at about 4:15 AM but I put her out of the room with some lettuce until almost 6AM. We did have a nice walk. This was a comfortable day. Kind of cool actually but after the hot muggy days we have had it was a real relief to be cool.

I was busy all day. I did some sewing, and some cleaning and a lot of taking care of Dick. He slept off an on most of the morning but we have been compressing his legs and cleaning his wounds since then. We washed his hair this evening and did a sponge bath. It is rather difficult to clean ones self without getting one's feet wet.

Jim and Michelle came over this morning and helped me rack the two batches of wine that I have working right now. They said that they will be glad to help me do the one kit of White Zinfindal that we have ready to mix. Unless things change, that may be our last batch of wine. I really enjoyed doing it but more than half the fun was doing it with Dick. He cannot be going up and down the stairs and standing to cork and rack so half of my fun is gone. I will decide that before we are faced with batches of currants or whatever fruits are offered.

When my boys were growing up, they sure were funny little guys. One day, I was in the backyard and the phone rang. Bart was somewhere around 4 years old and answered it. It was his father. Bart picked up the phone and asked who was calling. My ex said. "This is God." Bart never missed a beat. He said. "Did you make me?" Dick said. "Yes." Then Bart hung up the phone and ran into the backyard and told me that God called. When Dick got home he told me about it.

Bart was a precious trusting little boy.

Have an excellent week.

Mary

No comments: