Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Today was a truly quiet day. Chelsea did not stir until 6AM. Which was really nice. We had a pleasant walk. We got back around before the workers were milling around on Highland Avenue. I had to be at PT by 8:15AM, so I took my shower and ate some toast for breakfast and took out the trash. Then went on to PT.

I seem to be doing better generally but by the time my appointment rolls around I am having trouble sleeping again. The day the therapy is done is kind of painful too. But as I said, things are generally better.

I stopped at Walgreens for prescriptions and vitamins and then headed home.

I took a nap shortly after I got home. For some reason, I have been very drained today. I got a lot of computer work done and worked on my quilt design. I also watered the indoor plants and washed the sheets on our bed.

Can you believe that it is July already? When I still lived in Santa Ana Heights, a truckdriver friend of my ex husband was delivering fireworks and we ended up with a ton of them. There were really neat bottle rockets and sparklers that were over two long and about 3/4 inch in diameter. You lit one of those suckers and it sparkled forever. We had most of the neighbors over and it went on for a couple of hours. The only trouble was that Bart was afraid of explosions and fire. So, he and I sat in the living room looking out the front window with me assuring him that all was safe and that it would be ending soon.

We should actually have a quiet Fourth of July. Last Saturday, first we heard the cars at the race track, then I started hearing explosions. I figured that either the fireworks were early or we were being invaded and the former seemed the most logical. Apparently Plymouth did their big deal then. However, other communities will be celebrating on fourth or later that weekend. Dick and I intend to have a quiet day, just us, at home. I will fry out for us. I am going to try spraying with Listerine again to see if it keeps the mosquitoes away.

Later

Love you all

Hope I have some energy tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: