Friday, July 04, 2008

A quiet Fourth of July. I woke up a little early. It was 50 degrees outside which is really nice walking weather. Chelsea and I had a good one. We stuck to the sidewalk areas today because I am sick of fighting mosquitoes.

Dick was very tired today and slept most of the morning and part of the afternoon. He is in bed now and it is only 8PM. I hope this doesn't cause him to be awake all night.

I fried out this evening. I made enough for a couple of meals and some to take to Mother. I think I will go over to her house tomorrow morning when Jim and Michelle come. I will visit with her and then go fabric shopping for my new quilt idea. I have it fixed in my head. Now if I can find the fabric to go with my picture. Then Jim, Michelle and I are going to Office Max to look st multifunction FAX/Printer/scanner/copier machines. I will be taking them out for lunch for their advice. That will be pleasant. Dick suggested NJoy, out near Hwy 23.

I made spaghetti sauce this morning too. It will be nicely seasoned for tomorrow's dinner.

I spent an hour over with Bootsy this evening. He broke his toy again. Well, Jim will have to fix it again. He seems to accept me but will not cuddle. I do miss my kitties. Oscar cuddles and Roxie likes to sit on my lap. We now have nice desk lamps so they can sleep where they always did on the desks and be warm and cozy.

I did a bit more rearranging of furniture in the old office. It will now be quite pleasant for just sitting and sewing or being quiet and away from things. I would like to pick up a bookcase for the overflow. Dick and I ARE going to go through our books and taped and DVDs and get rid of those not needed but we still need more storage space.

Have a good day tomorrow.

Love

Mary

Some of you may not have seen this. Since George passed so recently I thought I would share.

George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline


Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use.....
The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal imigrants!
That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.....

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Border.... When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq ... Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military.... Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it..... After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country..... He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot..... . This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves....

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo..... Problem solved.....

No comments: