Sunday, May 11, 2008

It was a strange day. There was rain when Chelsea and I went for our walk so we did not go very far. I think she was a bit disappointed but that is the breaks.

I went to the 8AM Mass, then fixed a nice breakfast for Dick and me. We had bacon, scrambled eggs with chives, tater tots and toast. Num Num.

I did a bit of yard work this afternoon. I planted marigold seeds in the front garden and cut a rogue tree out of a bush that grows on the other side of the driveway.

Since it was Mother's Day, I went to Mother's and took her a card and a bottle of wine. She said she had just opened her last bottle so that was good timing. I must remember to bring another one soon. Eileen and Mary and her husband Mike and Margaret and Gwen came in as I was thinking of leaving so the gang was gathering to be with her on this Mother's Day.

Bret called this morning shortly after Mass. He sounds great and says he is doing very well. I do miss my boys. Barb called this evening in lieu of Bart who is on a plane heading back to Oklahoma. In three more weeks. Barb will be permanently back in Oklahoma. I think she has mixed feelings but her folks need her and Bart is reluctant to leave Oklahoma, though I am sure he would if she insisted. But it is really hard to know what is the right decision. Keep them in your prayers. Bart IS doing much better these days and it would be wonderful if this continues.

We had leftovers for dinner again tonight. I still can prepare one more with the leavings by adding a couple of things. Tonight we split leftover chicken and steak.

George called to wish me a happy Mother's Day too. They will be home at the end of June for a wedding on Betsy's side. I do hope we get to spend some time together. Mother said she saw Ginnie Rammer in church today with her son Rick. Ginny is an old neighbor from Pinehurst Court from years ago. George and Rick Rammer's brother, Louis, we called him Dewey, were best friends. Mother and I were remembering what cute little guys they were. They were always together, George with his blond hair and Dewey with his dark hair. Once they put sand in Dewey's dad's gas tank. They were only about 4 or 5 and said they were playing gas station.


Have a good week. We have another marathon doctor week.

Love

Mary

No comments: