Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kate and Toni and I went to N Joy this morning to wind down the Spring Fling. I had not been there before. It is very pleasant. They have an actual breakfast sandwich or burrito so I think that Dick would enjoy it for an occasional breakfast. Breakfast spots in Plymouth are getting kind of sparse as two with the best food allow smoking and we have decided that it just isn't worth it hoping that there will be no smokers in the places when we go.

We wound things down nicely and just visited for a while. Kate had picked me up. Dick has a toothache now, (will it ever end) so I got him some Orajel on the way home. He has a dentist appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully it won't get any worse in the next couple of days and they can take care of it then.

The rest of the day was spent at home. I sewed a piece onto a quilt that Mother has almost got finished, cleaned the bathrooms and baked. I also made the fourth Mac and Cheese Recipe from the ABC Good Morning America anchors and weathermen. This was Sam Champion, the weatherman's. We liked it. This time I halved the recipe and still have enough to give to Jim and Michelle, Mom and we will have another good meal and a half from it. Good thing it tastes good.

I also made some ricotta cheese out of some milk that had soured. I seldom buy gallons and this is why. The cheese is good but it is not an efficient way to get it. All you do is heat the sour milk (or fresh for that matter) with lemon juice and salt until it separates. Then you strain it through muslin or fine cheesecloth. The whey can be used to make bread too.

Tomorrow, Dick has his procedure. I think it will be a laser this time. So keep him in your prayers at about 10:30AM.

I have bust up at Rhine in the evening. Nancy will pick me up at about 5:30. Toni will be out there helping John with the meal. So Celtic Women will be represented.

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow. I got this in an email today. Actually I took parts of the email but the part that I thought I needed. Hope you find it useful too.

Love

Mary

When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need.

P-----pray
U----until

S----something

H----happens


No comments: