Monday, May 12, 2008

A usual 6AM wake up. Chelsea and I headed around the park. There were several other walkers out there despite the fact that it WAS chilly, only about 39 degrees. I pulled out the winter coat and stocking cap.

A quiet morning then until 8:30 when I started on my LONG journey. First, I stopped at Walgreens to pick up some calcium for Mother. Then on to Bible Study. The readings today surely caused a lot of discussion. The Old Testament was from Exodus and had the Lord "continuing his kindness for a thousand generations" and "yet, not declaring the guilty guiltless, but punishing children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generation for their father's wickedness!" We had a LONG discussion on that and have decided that as Jesus saved us from all evil, the punishing of children and grandchildren refers or at least does refer to the fact that abusive and evil ways in a home life, do follow through and continue from one generation to another unless something, goodness and kindness, change this pattern. Sometimes we do get puzzled. We also discussed loving yourself as a prelude to being able to love others. Then a question: Do plants, too, have a responsibility? of life, of blooming? We humans have the ability to choose.

After the study, I went to visit Mother. She is well and had a marvelous Mother's day. The hanging plants that Donna and Randy and Dolores and Ken give her for Mother's day are hanging. I thought I might have seen one of the "tenants" the finches that take up nesting in their "condos" every year. But I am not sure.

After the visit, I went into Sheboygan to the visitation of a dear member of the Sheboygan County Writers Club, Vera Bloemers, who died this week at the age of 100. She was truly a lovely person and her poetry was beautiful. We will miss her so much.

The Writers Club meeting was today so I stayed in town for that. Finally arrived home at about 3PM. We had a nice group. I read my poem that was accepted for the WFOP 2009 Calendar and a poem that I will post after I give it to the person that I wrote it for. Dick read it first and said that he thought it was pretty but he did not get it. The writers group DID get it and I figure that perhaps just thinking it is pretty is enough for Dick. Next week I will read it at Cream City too and see what they think of it.

After dinner, the last of the leftovers so I will begin to cook tomorrow again, I went over to feed and play with Boots. He had a good time and is letting me pet him more. He does not like to be picked up or held though. I really DO miss my Oscar and Roxie. Did I tell you that the last time I went over to Bobbie's house, Roxie seemed almost glad to see me and let me pick her up and cuddle her. Oscar ran and hid though. I am still sad.

Tomorrow I plan on planting the herbs that I bought on Saturday. They will do just fine even if it does get cold some nights. I was a little disappointed, the only herbs that seem to have made it through the winter are the lemon balm and chives which are thriving and the oregano which is struggling a bit. We have been enjoying the fresh chives in eggs and salads.

Tomorrow is a doctor day. All in the morning though so I should be able to get some things done around here.

Later

Mary

No comments: