Friday, May 16, 2008

Chelsea got me up just a bit early this morning but not early enough to complain about. We took a nice long walk. We found four big geese in the park. They grumbled at us a bit as we started around the park edge, they were pretty much in the middle. Chelsea never saw OR heard them and when they saw that we were not moving towards them they just meandered a bit away and pretty much ignored us too.

I cleaned the kitchen first thing this morning because Dick's procedure was scheduled for 10:30AM, much earlier than we usually have them. This was quite confusing. We weren't sure WHAT was going to be happening today. As it turned out it was the easy one, the Sclerotherapy procedure which just involves finding and injecting chemicals into the bad veins and virtually burning them out. It is the easiest however. Very little discomfort and Dr. Siddique then wraps the leg in an ace bandage for two days. Dick's leg is still hurting him. We have an appointment for xrays on Monday. He is hurting enough that he is willing to use a wheel chair when we are going to the doctors rather than trying to walk those long hallways.

We were home by noon, stopping at the Dairy Queen for a Combo Ultimate Burger meal which we shared. I don't know how any one person could possibly eat a whole one of those. We both took naps then. I was really tired.

I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning my desk. For two weeks things have been just piling up on it. AGAIN, I have vowed to not let that happen again. Ha Ha.

I fixed soup for Dick's supper as I went to Rhine Plymouth for the bust up party for the Spring League. Nancy picked me up at about 5:30 and we were home by 8. Just long enough. We had chicken, German potato salad and corn for supper. Bill Olson made his famous peach cobbler and Toni Nevicosi made brownies and Jean made cookies so we ate til there was no tomorrow and then had the awards. Nancy and I both got trophies for the pistol league. Nancy was SO excited, she can hardly wait to tell her kids.

Toni told me about a two day Quilts and Fiber Arts University being held on May 30 and 31. I want to go on Friday, if I can. If I can find someone to come and let Chelsea out in the afternoon, I can but Dick just doesn't feel secure walking her any more. I will check in the next couple of days and then decide. Ti wounds like a wonderful day. The possibility of four workshops each day, a speaker at lunch and lunch. Actually the lunch is a potluck and the day costs $25. The money is to help the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts build a museum. The website is http://wiquiltmuseum.com.

Guess that is all. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Tomorrow is supposed to be lovely too. That is a good because I will be out in the woods with Little John and the others searching for Morel Mushrooms. I sure hope we have a successful hunt. I intend to cook them fresh and then use Jim and Michelle's dehydrator to preserve them for winter use. Mom said that Dad would sometimes bring morels home for us when he was out in the woods in the spring. They are easy to identify and along with puff balls are two fungi that are safe to eat. Not a good idea to just go around cooking mushrooms gathered in the wild, they can be fatal.

I plan on pictures and lots of morels.

Love

Mary

No comments: