Saturday, January 05, 2008

It was warm today. The gutters are now draining the roof and Dick heard a big bunch of snow fall off of the roof onto the deck.

Chelsea and I had a lovely walk. We even walked through the park. I led her over the berm
next to the parking lot and then we followed the deer tracks because I knew that where they walked would not be too deep for Chelsea and me. With the warmer temperatures, It was a real pleasure.

The rest of the day, I cleaned, sewed and made a bunch of phone calls. Talked to Bret. He is doing fine. When I called him early, he was at a funeral. It was the funeral of a dear friend from long ago, from the Orange County Four Wheeler Jeep Club, Connie Heinze. Her husband Ronnie died a couple of years ago and I am sure Connie, who was not in the greatest of health was glad to go and join him. They are a wonderful family and I have a lot of good memories. Connie made the best salsa I have ever eaten for the good bye party that Mary Ellen Kirby threw when Bart and I were leaving California.

I remember that they had the biggest old dog, part Great Dane, named Tucker. Ronnie always insisted on bringing Tucker on the runs. Then he would beg Connie to leave Tucker in camp. I still remember him sitting there and saying. "Please, Connie, don't make me take him along. He LEANS on me." Tucker would sit next to Ronnie and the further they drove the more he would start leaning towards Ronnie and he was BIG.

Prayers for the Heinze Family.

Also, Good NEWS. Travis, the boy who was in the motorcycle accident will be coming home on Tuesday. Thank God and Thanks for all your prayers.

Love

Mary

No comments: