Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Today was shopping day. We got up and moving early because I also had a dentist appointment.

SO. At about 7:30 we left the house. First we went to the bank to the ATM (of Devil's Machine as Dick calls it. He won't use it himself. He makes me get the money from it. He says that because I am a "saint" the devil won't get me.)

Then we stopped for breakfast at McDonalds. The server suggested that I try their new breakfast burrito which is a huge thing stuffed with potatoes, sausage, egg cheese, peppers and salsa. So I did. It is delicious but I could only eat half so I brought the other half home for tomorrow.

Next was the Pig. We were home easily by 8:30AN. Boy was it cold. It got up to the mid teens though and Chelsea and I had a really nice brisk walk after I got back from the dentist at about 10. Cold doesn't bother her. And as long as the sun is out and there is no wind I don't mind if the temps are double digits.

I had thought my dentist appointment was at 9:30AM. As I was leaving for it at 9:15 the dentist office called. Oops. It was a 9AM. They still took me. I hurried downtown. It is only 5 minutes or less away. The cleaning went well. Then Dr. Joseph checked me out and said that I am doing just fine. Fine enough that he "suggested" that I eat hard candy, sugar and jaw breakers. Pretty good Huh.

Jeff called yesterday to tell me that Tom has two extra deer that we can have if we take care of the butchering. Jeff, Randy and I have shared this before and I am more than glad to do that again. How nice that Tom and Denise think of us. Jeff is taking it to a local butcher who will prepare steaks, burger AND this year, sausage.

Bart called this afternoon. He and Barb were at the hospital in Wichita Falls so Barb could get her stomach banding checked. She has a small ulcer but it is not bleeding. Aside from that all is OK I think. He is finally feeling better. His doctor said he had a slight flu and is reacting to some of his meds. He sounded pretty good. Much better than on the weekend.

He was always such a cute and eager little boy. One day, when he was about 4 years old, he told me something. What I don't remember but I asked him where he had learned what he was telling me he very confidently said "I read it in a book." When I mentioned to him that he did not know how to read he just shrugged and said. "OH Yeah." and went on his way.

Have a nice Thursday. I sorted fabric today and tomorrow want to plan a couple of projects and cut out flannel for my denim quilt.

Love

Mary

No comments: