Sunday, December 30, 2007

Home Again! Home Again! Jiggedy Jog.

What a relief. It is the old saying. One LOVES to go away on a trip or vacation and then one LOVES to be home again. Robbie O'Connell wrote it very well in his song "It's easy going home again but hard to say goodbye."

The wedding was beautiful. It was so good to see Stenn so happy. He was almost giddy. Tomorrow I will download the pictures I took and post a picture of the happy couple for you to see. The wedding was at a restaurant called May Dragon. They had the whole back banquet room for the ceremony followed by the dinner and festivities. It was a lovely ceremony. A friend of Stenn's is a minister and performed the ceremony for them. A nice mixture of Chinese and American. We had about five different Chinese dishes from fish to duck to scallops and veggies. All interesting. I liked everything. The shell fish had a little much shell to suit me and the sweet soup was kind of indifferent but overall it was a nice culinary experience. They also served a Chinese wine that was WAY too much for me. George poured us all a little bit and I managed to sip a bit for each toast but mainly kept to the regular wines.

Bart was too sick to attend the wedding but was starting to recover this morning, at least he was holding things down. They are home safe and sound also. I called to be sure after I got home.

It is really an amazing thing to be in Dallas Texas at 1:30PM and in Plymouth WI at about 6PM. With a short stop at Randy's and Jim and Michelle picking me up. Then, Dick and I drove over to KFC for supper so I didn't have to cook. I am just resting now.

Tomorrow, I will post pictures and tell you a bit more about the trip as I remember it.

Love

Mary

No comments: