Monday, December 31, 2007

A nice quiet day following the trip to the Lone Star State.

I slept a little late and then waited until light to take Chelsea for her walk so we could indeed have a walk. She liked that but tried to work her way into the park. The snow is piled so high that it will be some time before we can attempt that again. I am not taking any chances of falling again for sure. Perhaps when the roads and sidewalks are a bit clearer, we can walk around the ball diamonds and come back again. She likes that too.

I mainly just put things away and caught up on computer stuff today. I went to my New Year's Mass tonight at 4:30PM. Now tomorrow will be free for New Year enjoyment. I will be picking up Mother at about noon and Jim, Michelle, Bobbie and Bill will be joining us. I will feed everybody at about 1:00PM.

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard.

I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.

He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.


The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall, and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

Isn't that a cute story?

Pictures will be on a post today too.


Love


Mary


No comments: