Thursday, January 03, 2008

What a cold day. It was 2 degrees when I woke up this morning. Chelsea and I waited until about 9:30Am for her nap so it was a little warmer and there was no wind again. I heard it later in the day but Chelsea and I did not have to cope with that.

I cleaned the bathrooms today and cut out the rest of the denim squares that I need for a quilt that I am constructing. This should be easy as there is no batting and you quilt as you go.

I also made some calls and sent emails to the CWI Sheboygan People to remind them of the January 16 meeting at SCHRC (Sheboygan County Historical Research Center) to lunch and share our genealogical backgrounds. That should really be fun. I need to gather the Clifford and Deeley information that I have and have it ready to share.

I think I may be catching a cold so will be sure to be in bed early tonight with a nice hot cup of tea to help me sleep. Maybe I can head it off at the pass.

When Bart was a little boy he used to like me to rub his little round tummy when he was settling down to sleep. That is double funny because his Uncle Randy used to like Mother to sit on the couch and hold his legs and rub them when he was settling down to sleep at about the same age. Little people like comfort and they like ritual.

Tomorrow is a nice quiet day again. The only OUT is lunch at Dairy Queen and the post office.

Did I tell you that January is a real crazy month for birthdays in the Deeley household.
Dolores has her birthday on January 9, Mother is January 21, Dad was January 26, Eileen is January 27 and Nora is January 29. Whew! Lots of cards. Dolores is 60 this year. Time is a marching along.

Guess that is all as we did not leave the nest today.

Love

Mary

No comments: